Saturday 5 December 2009

Nothing Personal - LiZa



I'm going to pretend I sat down with Liza and talked to her about life and asked her some questions. This is not true of course, but yeah..

I met Liza (with a Z) on a sunny afternoon in her hotel in Paris. She doesn't live in a hotel, but it's always cooler to meet in a hotel than in your own house. So we met in Paris. I was a little too early, so I sat outside and watched fashionable Paris passing me (the hotel was in the coolest part of the city of course). Exactly on time, Liza shows up at my table, wearing a skirt with delftsblue print, a jeansdress, black leggings and a black cardigan. We greet and get ourselves some warm croissants (it's french). Of course I already know Liza because she's my friend and she's amazingly cool, but because I know I need to get some information, I asked her some questions that I'd written down in my moleskine notebook (the notebook for the important and secret stuff).

BB: So, your name is Liza right?
Z: Yes, with a Z.
BB: I know. So, how old are you?
Z: 15
BB: Ohh you're so young! [insert stereotypegayboyaccent] I love it girl! where do you believe in?
Z: I believe in love!
BB: Very good. speaking of.. what do you love? what are your passions?
Z: Fashion, reading, art, writing, music.. This actually is all art. But who cares?
BB: I don't. not at all. What is the last thing you bought?
Z: A present for my uncle, tickets for Owl City in the Melkweg.
BB: Is that with the fireflies song? I love that song. And I love melkweg! oh my god. [BB touches Z on her arm like all the stereotype gayboys do.] Oh darling, what's that?
Z: It's a bruise..
BB: Oh my god! is it your last?
Z: yes.
BB: How did you get it?
Z: Probably scouting, people there are really really dangerous. [whispering] It could also be something I did because I'm clumsy but who knows?
BB: [giggles] on with the questions. If you had to get a piercing right now, what would it be?
Z: [shivers] I hate piercings. [thinks] uhh. through my ear for earrings, I don't have those.
BB: You still look fabulous though! Do you think you are a good person?
Z: I'm a good person. Is this selfish? Yes? Then I'm a bad person.
BB: Not selfish at all! I think you're a very good person. I got this from somewhere, listen up: The price of being a sheep is boredom. the price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care:
Z: I don't know where ou got this one from, I'd rather be bored than lonely. But then on the other hand, i can't make decisions.
BB: It's a quote from Hugh Macleod, if you want to know.
Z: Yes! Thank you very much.
BB: You're welcome. Love will tear us apart or love will save us?
Z: Love will save us.
BB: You're so optimistic! [insert stereotypegayboyaccent again] I love it girl! What kind of girl slash boy wants to be a fool?
Z: Those who wear long, relaly long fake nails, can't spell their name and talk really really loud.
BB: Batman or Spiderman?
Z: Spiderman! I like the Joker though. But Spiderman rocks my socks off!
BB: I love you! now some favourites:

BB: Designer?
Z: Marc Jacobs, Yves Saint Laurent, and so much more.
BB: Artist?
Z: I love all my friends who are artists, my dad is a great photographer I think. So I'll pick him for now!
BB: Musician?
Z: The Beatles and Kyteman
BB: Store?
Z: [she screams] Episode, bookstores.
BB: Item in your closet?
Z: My scoutingblouse!
BB: Furniture?
Z: The chair I'm in right now. It belongs to my granny, but she didn't want it anymore. I love it.
(this is where you see that we weren't actually in Paris. Please ignore this.)
BB: Thing to cut things with?
Z: My teeth (my braces help as well!)
BB: Song?
Z: Sorry - Kyteman
BB: Day in the year?
Z: St. Patricksday (17th of March) because it's my birthday!
BB: Picture?
Z: It's a photo I made of a friend of mine. It's one of my best!

BB: Movie?
Z: I seriously don't know.
BB: Work of art?
Z: Designing clothes.
BB: I actually meant a piece of art, you know? a painting or something.
Z: Oh. Mona Lisa then.
BB: What? Mona Lisa herself?
Z: No. the painting.
BB: Okay. Animal?
Z: Mona Lisa is not an animal!
BB: I know. it was the next question. What's your favourite animal?
Z: Oh. Cat and Owl.
BB: Thing to do on a rainy sunday?
Z: [starts to sing] Lazy sundayafternoon, I've got no right to worry. [she looks a bit dreamy into the air. it's rather cute. Then she notices me staring at her and composes herself] probably reading and listening to old LP's.
BB: Word?
Z: Probably probably. And to be puzzled.
BB: Sentence?
Z: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
BB: Last one; website?
Z: Are you kiddin' me? http://justbecause-magazine.blogspot.com

The croissants were finished, my moleskine was full and we were both happy.
LiZa is a lovely person and I'm sure she's going to do great things for this world and this blog. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment