Sunday 6 December 2009

Collecting Dust: SMALL FACES

Collecting dust is about songs, fashion statements and more that are collecting dust in our minds and need to get back in the picture!

If I say Beatles, you say 'JUUUUDE (or something like that)'. If I say the Who, you say 't-t-talking a-about my g-g-generation'. But do you know what to say when I say Small Faces? If you do than I love you dearly. If you don't I still love you dearly but I want you to read this article carefully.

Small faces have brought us a lot. They were known as one of the biggest original influences of the Britpop movement in 1990! There are a few songs we have to remember. Does there ring any bell when I sing: It's all to beautiful, It's all to beautiful? Or: Lazy sunday afternoon, I got no right to worry? You have to imagine a perfect London accent by this text, though. 'Cause that's were the pals are from: East London! They're havely inspired by the American Rythm 'nd Blues (No that is not the same as the today's R&B). They started of in 1965, probably decades before you were born and millenuims before I saw the light of life. But thankfully my dad is an oldie who loves music like this more than he loves his wife and daughter (kiddin', well.. I'm not sure). He likes to tire me to a chair and have me listening to old music untill I like it, which is terrifying fast, actually.

Back to the subject. If you like Small faces, then you probably will like the Who and all of the other bands who were there like: The kinks (Girl you really got me going, you got me so I don't know why I'm going now), Paul Weller (You do something to meeehee), The creation (Making tiiiimeee..) and a few more.





No comments:

Post a Comment